Pursuant with the Mexican Law: Ley Federal de Protección de Datos Personales en Protección de los Particulares (LFPDPPP, its acronym in Spanish) Agency provides the following Privacy Notice:
Responsible of protection and handling of your Personal Data:
BD TravelSolution S. de R.L. de C.V. (Hereinafter referred to as “Agency”) domiciled at Avenida Bonampak, Manzana 2, Lote 7, Supermanzana 10, Torre “B”, Cancun, Quintana Roo, C.P. 77500.
Collection of Personal Data:
Personal data collected by Agency from you, will exclusively be used for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice and it may be collected:
- Directly, when you enter your information in any of our web sites, through which you purchase products or services sold by Agency.
- Directly, when you enter your information in any of our mobile apps, through which you purchase products or services sold by Agency.
- Directly, through our reservations call center or chat.
- Personally, through our reservations agent.
Data gathered by Agency from you will be: Full name, phone number, e-mail address, Company, domicile and financial information such as: Credit card number, holder’s name, expiry date, security code, as well as required information for completing and managing reservations and/or product purchase made by you, including third party’s information.
Purpose of the data collected
Your personal data will be obtained for the following purposes, which are necessary for your requested service:
- Process, follow-up, update, modification, cancellation and confirmation of services reserved by you through Agency’s resources, for financial and credit purposes, in order to fulfill our obligations with you and our suppliers.
- In case of reservations including air transportation, it will be used so that the airline may contact the passenger in case of interruption of operations, or to provide client with updated information on the flight. The foregoing represents advantages for you, such as:
- Real-time flight updates.
- Proactive notifications in case of interruption of service (cancellations, delays, etc.)
- Updates regarding luggage.
- Automatically sending information on reservation or boarding pass changes for next available flights.
- Reduced waiting time, anxiety and inconveniences during interruption of service.
- A better experience for client.
- Furthermore, collected data will be used to offer you more information for possible reservations.
Additionally, we will use your personal information for the following purposes, which are not necessary for the requested service, but will allow us to provide you better attention:
- To evaluate the service quality, make surveys on travel habits and preferences, participate in contests and giveaways, loyalty programs, implement and develop advertising campaigns, as well as sending promotions, offers, services and advertising purposes.
Holders may cancel any time the reception of advertising e-mails sent by Agency, immediately and for free, by clicking the “Cancel subscription” link.
In case that you do not want your personal data to be used for these additional purposes, you may sent your request via e-mail to email@example.com.
National and international transfer of data:
Pursuant to articles 36 and 37 of the LFPDPPP, your personal data may be transferred to and/or shared with:
- Holding companies, subsidiaries or affiliates under supervision of Agency, or a parent company or any company in the same group of Agency which operates under the same process and internal policies;
- When the transfer of data is required by virtue of a contract celebrated or to be celebrated in the interest of the holder, by the responsible and a third party;
- When the transfer is necessary for maintaining or comply with a legal relationship between the responsible and the holder, such as Suppliers, Touristic Services Suppliers, Banking and Credit Institutions, among others.
It is important to note that third parties to which your personal information is transferred will be subject to the same terms in the present Privacy Notice, and will comply with the corresponding security and confidentiality measures.
Either way, we commit not to share your personal information to third parties without your consent, except for the dispositions of article 37 of the Mexican Law: Ley Federal de Protección de Datos Personales en Posesión de los Particulares, as well as to share your information under the terms set by said Law.
Article 28 of the LFPDPPP, provides you four rights you may exercise:
- Holder has the right to Access their personal data held by the responsible and to know the Privacy Notice and its purposes.
- Holder has the right to Rectify their data, in case that they were inaccurate, incorrect or were not up-to-date.
- Holder has the right to Cancel their personal data when they consider that they are not being used to fulfill the purposes established in this Privacy Notice.
- Holder has the right to Oppose to the handling of their personal data regarding any purpose established in this Privacy Notice.
Right to revoke your consent for the handling of data.
Article 8 of the LFPDPPP provides for the possibility of revoking consent to handling of your personal data. You may claim your right by using the same methods and procedures for exercising ARCO Rights as foreseen in this notice. However, Agency informs you that by keeping your personal data in its database, Agency is able to better understand your needs based on your record, and by doing so, offering you a better service in future reservations.
Methods for exercising ARCO Rights and Revoking consent for the handling of your data:
In order to exercise your Access, Rectification, Cancellation and Opposition rights, or your right to revoke consent on the handling of your personal data, you shall complete and send the EXERCISE OF ARCO RIGHTS FORM, which can be downloaded here, and must be forwarded to Agency at this e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org in writing in Spanish and meeting the requirements indicated in article 29 of the LFPDPPP rulings. To proceed with the exercise of your ARCO Rights, you must prove the ownership of your ARCO rights, or the representation of holder by submitting a copy of the identity document and the original for comparison, or those instruments indicated in article 89 of the LFPDPPP.
“Article 29. – The request for access, rectification, cancellation or opposition shall contain and include de following:
- Name and address of holder or other media to inform them the response of their request.
- Documents proving their identity or, if applicable, the legal representation of holder.
- Clear and precise description of the personal data on which holder wishes to exercise any right mentioned above, and
- Any other element or document which facilitates the location of personal data.”
Agency will follow up your request within 20 business days counted from the reception of said FORM or request, along with complete documentation, to inform you of how it will proceed. In case it proceeds, Agency has a maximum of 15 business days to make your ARCO right effective.
Methods for protecting your information and limit its use or sharing.
Your personal information will be kept under strict confidentiality, and to reasonably prevent its misuse or disclosure, we have implemented physical, technical and administrative security measures in accordance with the Mexican Law: Ley Federal de Proteccion de Datos Personales en Posesion de los Particulares and other applicable regulations.
Particularly, we have a privacy notice, training programs for staff, restricted access to personal information only for authorized users, privacy officers, an inventory for personal data (duly classified by data category), for handling systems, risk analysis and contractual clauses.
In order for you to limit the use and sharing of your personal information, we offer you the option to register in the Public Registry to Avoid Publicity (Registro Publico para Evitar Publicidad or REPEP , its acronym in Spanish), of which the Federal Attorney’s Office of the Consumer (Procuraduría Federal del Consumidor or PROFECO, its acronym in Spanish), is in charge, to ensure that your personal data are not used to receive promotions or advertising from goods or services companies. More information on this registry is available in the PROFECO website, or directly contacting it.
Agency uses their own and third party cookies to analyze your navigation and offer you a more personalized service according to your interests. If you wish to know our Cookies policies click here.
Modifications to this Privacy Notice:
Agency may modify or update this Privacy Notice at any time. Modifications or updates made will be effective at the moment they are posted in the website or in mobile apps through with you purchased products or services sold by Agency, or in any mean of communication used to publish it, for this reason a continuous monitoring is recommended.
Explicit acceptance of the Privacy Notice
If you are not expressly opposed to this Notice and its updates, it is understood that you have given your consent in terms of article 8 of the LFPDPPP. Agency suggests that you read this Privacy Notice, since by providing your data through any media, you are accepting this Privacy Notice.
Last update on March 11, 2019.